Reconnaissance tank with reinforced armor. The vehicle was a further development of the Pz.Kpfw. II. In October 1939, a preproduction batch was ordered, and the first prototype was built in July 1940. From 1943 through 1944, seven vehicles were used by the 12th Panzer Division on the Eastern Front. A total of 22 tanks were manufactured.
Marks of Excellence requirements for Pz. II J: beta