In 1953, the development of the T95 tank family started. In June of the same year, H.L. Yoh Company Inc. introduced seven prototypes, one of which was named the M-II-Y. It suggested creating a heavy tank of the usual configuration visually similar to the M48. However, there were many differences with the production vehicle: The turret contained only the commander and the loader, and the gunner was situated in the right side of the hull, to the right of the driver. Thanks to this solution, the turret was supposed to be as narrow as possible. The project was canceled and no prototypes were built.